A few mobile site questions

Home Page Forums Porto | Multi-Purpose & WooCommerce Theme A few mobile site questions

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    MrV63
    Participant

First off I wanted to thank you for the quick response on my last post. I typed out a thank you reply but I guess I never hit submit and it was lost so just wanted to thank you here.

I’m starting to get the hang of WPBakery and working with Porto in general but I had a few other minor hurdles that I need some help with:

1. On a product page on mobile, the image takes up a large portion of the screen and I think the magnifying lens effect is blocking the page from being scrolled properly. It makes it seem like the page is frozen. You can only scroll if you touch the screen outside of the image area. Is there any way to turn off the magnifying lens effect on just the mobile site?

2. When you tap on a product image, a few icons pop up giving you option for wishlist, add to cart/select options, and quick view. Is there a way to have a second tap on the product image (that’s not tapping directly on one of these icons) go to the product’s page? On mobile, since there is no pointer, it’s a little confusing that to get to product’s page you have to tap the small product title. It would be great to have this on mobile and even on the destop site too but I don’t know if this is possible.

3. On the desktop site, The account and cart show up on the right hand side, but when sizing down to mobile the account icon dissapears. I’d like the account icon to remain next to the cart icon on the mobile site. I’ve tried all sorts of things in WPBakery but I’m still learning and I couldn’t figure it out.

4. I edited the stock newsletter popup from Store 47 demo but I can’t get rid of the image of the woman in the background. It doesn’t show up as a block in WPBakery so I’m confused on how to reomve it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

This field is Private Content.

MrV63
        Participant

Incorrect PW above

MrV63
            Participant

I’ve had another issue come up and I’m not sure what to do. I have a product that needs 149 variations of color. I added 149 attributes and they are in the proper order. When I went to generate variations based on the color attributes, the button to automatically generate variations only does 50 variations at a time. So the first 50 variations were generated and I clicked the button again to generate the next batch of 50 variations, and then again one last time for the final 49 variations. The problem with that is now the last 49 variations are first on the list, and the first batch of variations are last on the list: 101-149, 51-100, 1-50. Each variation is numbered (ex: #8605) and they are numbered in the proper order but still out of order. To make matters worse, this is over 10 pages so even if I wanted to manually sort them (which would be a crazy amount of work), I can’t because there is no way to drag a variation from one page to another. There is no pagination box in the Screen Options to get all the variations on one page.

Aizaz Awan
                Keymaster

Hello, @mrv63,

First of all, sorry to say, that your provided access is not valid as you can see in this screenshot: Under the private content area.

1- To solve your issue navigate to the Dashboard >> Porto >> Theme Options >> WooCommerce >> Product Image & Zoom >> From there you disable Zoom for mobile as you can see in this screenshot: https://postimg.cc/dL6CFMxn

2- Basically, As you know mobile devices don’t have hover functionality it will get your finger as a click not as a hover. The design of the products is created like this in the PORTO template builder >> post type like this. But, You have full control over the design you can edit it using Gutenberg editor and apply it on the site. Kindly refer to this detailed article to understand better: https://www.portotheme.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-modify-products-design-on-product-archive-shop-page/

3- Actually, On the My Account icon widget there is a class added called “d-none” This class is hiding the icon on mobile devices check this: https://postimg.cc/LJjcCp64 to solve your issue simply navigate to the Dashboard >> Porto >> Template Builder >> Header >> edit the header block https://postimg.cc/MX6x4Xhc and remove the class from the widget then save settings and check back to your issue by clearing the browser cache.

4- The background image in the popup is set on the row/section background settings. Here is a detailed article to understand how to edit the popup content: https://www.portotheme.com/wordpress/porto/documentation/how-to-edit-or-remove-newsletter-popup-with-wpbakery/

5- Basically, the variation is handled by the WooCommece plugin, and by default it sets a limit of variation in the products, like on your site when you try to add it collects only 50 at a time, there are no settings available in the WooCommerce plugin to change this behavior nor there is any option to enable/disable all variation in 1 page. To solve this requires additional customization. I just found a solution to this discussion: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/order-of-variations-on-product-edit-page-when-more-then-50/ you can check and try after taking a complete backup of your site. I hope it will resolve your issue.

Best Regards,
                    PThemes Team.

MrV63
                    Participant

I really appreciate the support especially when some of these issues were not Porto related. Due to my lack of WordPress knowledge, I was unaware which things were Porto related or not but yet you still helped and I’m very thankful.

Responses to issues above (1,3,5 solved!):

1 – That simple setting did the trick. I should maybe try to dig more before coming for support.

2 – I realize it’s an out of the box request as far as functionality of having one tap bring up the icons and the second tap go to the product page. I will look into it more.

3 – Removing the d-none class was exactly what I needed!

4 – I’M STILL NOT SEEING WHERE TO REMOVE BACKGROUND IMAGE OF WOMAN ON NEWSLETTER. PLEASE LOGIN AND CHECK. THANKS!

5 – This worked and I am so thrilled!! I was getting nervous about it. Appreciate you going the extra mile to locate a solution for me even though it was not Porto related.

Aizaz Awan
                        Keymaster

Hello, @mrv63,

We’re pleased to know that the concerns regarding numbers 1, 3, and 5 have been successfully addressed.

2- Regarding point 2, we acknowledge your understanding of the out-of-the-box functionality, and we greatly appreciate it. The article shared in my previous message will guide you in modifying or creating a new design according to your requirements.

4- To modify the image, simply navigate to Dashboard >> Porto >> Template Builder, and edit the block named “Newsletter Popup.” Here’s a screenshot illustrating the steps: https://postimg.cc/jDjkM4Rs . Once the editor opens, you can proceed with changing the image as per your preference.

Best Regards,
                            PThemes Team.

MrV63
                            Participant

Ah! I saw this page but the thumbnail didn’t show the image of the woman so I overlooked it. Very strange that the thumbnail was just all white. Thanks. You saved the day yet again!

I have one last issue currently and I hope that I will not need to keep asking for support.

I am trying to add more variations per page in the product edit page (25 or 30 instead of 15) because I have some products from my migration that have just a few more than 15 variations that I need to reorder. I did some research and found a snippet of code to add to my function.php file. This seemed to work for some people but it’s not working in my case. I’m wondering if it’s a conflict with Porto/WPBakery. If the code cannot work with Porto/WPBakery, maybe I can disable them just to edit the variation order and then re-enable them?

Code that is currently in my function.php file:

// Add more variations per page on Product Edit page
                                function custom_wc_ajax_variation_threshold() {
                                return 25;
                                }

add_filter( ‘woocommerce_admin_meta_boxes_variations_per_page’, ‘custom_wc_ajax_variation_threshold’ );

Aizaz Awan
                                Keymaster

Hello, @mrv63,

Sorry for the inconvenience, By default WooCommerce supports more than 50 variations in a product. You just need to set 20 to 30 variations in a product. So there is no need to use any snippet code or third-party plugins. As proof I simply added a new product on your site called “Support testing Product” I added the variation in the product total of 53 and saved it the variations working fine as you can see in the screenshots below.

https://postimg.cc/v4XZ1zTn
                                    https://postimg.cc/4mW3yPm9
                                    https://postimg.cc/CB4WLvmB

Best Regards,
                                    PThemes Team.

MrV63
                                    Participant

I’m aware of that as discussed already in the posts above (posts #5825 and #5828). I have a product with 149 variations but those were added in order so no problem using the code snippet in my wp-config.php file. What I’m asking is to be able to change the pagination. Currently only show 15 variation per page on the variations tab on the EDIT page. I’d like to see 25 or 30 for some products that had come in on the site migration I did. I need to rearrange their order but they spill on to a second page.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by MrV63.
                                        • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by MrV63.
                                        Aizaz Awan
                                        Keymaster

Hello, @mrv63,

Thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately, there isn’t a specific setting within the theme to address this issue. As you’re likely aware, it pertains to WooCommerce functionality, which currently lacks a solution for this particular aspect. If you’re interested in customizing this feature, our team offers paid services for customization. Feel free to reach out to them through https://www.portotheme.com/customization/. Your understanding is appreciated.

Best Regards,
                                            PThemes Team.

MrV63
                                            Participant

Ok thanks. I will just rename the attributes so they are in order and then delete and re-import the variations. It’s only 17 so it’s not a ton of work but it would have been nice to not have to do it. Oh well.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to edit the product quick view template (photo attached) and I can’t find it anywhere. Can you please direct me to where I can edit the layout of the quick view?

Attachments:
                                                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                                Aizaz Awan
                                                Keymaster

Hello, @mrv63,

Essentially, within the theme settings, under WooCommerce, and then Product Archive, the only option available is to enable or disable the quick view feature. Any further adjustments to the content within the quick view box would necessitate additional customization beyond the scope of our basic support policy. We appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,
                                                    PThemes Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                  Customize Icon
                                                  Need Customization? We specialize in delivering high-quality web and mobile design/development services to our clientele. Should you require customization services, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at your convenience.