Embedd Ratings Plugin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anna_Falc
    Participant

Hi Porto-team,
        I’d like to use this ratings plugin in the Porto theme: https://de.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-postratings/

For embedding there is this description:

1. Open wp-content/themes/<YOUR THEME NAME>/index.php
        2. You may place it in archive.php, single.php, post.php or page.php also.
        3. Find: <?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
        4. Add Anywhere Below It (The Place You Want The Ratings To Show): <?php if(function_exists(‘the_ratings’)) { the_ratings(); } ?>

I’d like to display it preferably in the footer or on every site (page and post). Is there a good way to implement this php snippet into the footer?

If there is another more recommended plugin for displaying ratings or anyhting included in Porto, happy to review this as well.

Thanks,
        Anna

Aizaz Awan
        Keymaster

Hello, @anna_falc,

The default handling and management of ratings are done by the WooCommerce plugin itself. However, the plugin you’re attempting to utilize hasn’t been officially tested with the theme as you’ve described. I don’t believe this method is optimal because it’s essential to incorporate customizations within the child theme. This ensures that any updates to the parent theme won’t result in the loss of customization. If you require assistance with customization, you can reach out to our customization team at https://www.portotheme.com/customization/ for paid services. They will be able to provide further assistance regarding your customization needs. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
            PThemes Team.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Customize Icon
          Need Customization? We specialize in delivering high-quality web and mobile design/development services to our clientele. Should you require customization services, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at your convenience.