August 7, 2023 at 4:24 pm #2180thijskempers.nlParticipantPurchased
I’m using Porto on multiple websites but I got now multiple websites hacked. 3 of them in the last 2 weeks. I never have had a website hacked before with other themes or so.
I use random 40 string passwords and never give my customer admin rights and I also use 3 times login security.
Is there a flaw in the theme? How can I prevent this from happening.August 7, 2023 at 4:40 pm #2181thijskempers.nlParticipantPurchased
Wordfence says I have to update my WPBakery. But I can’t because I don’t have a key.August 8, 2023 at 9:34 am #2225Aizaz AwanKeymaster
I trust this message finds you well.
We would like to inform you that the latest updated version of WP Bakery has already been provided to you through your corresponding support ticket: #26883. Please feel free to refer to the provided information for further details.
Regarding the reported site hacking issue, we deeply value your concern and take such matters seriously. However, after a thorough investigation, we would like to highlight that our theme has been rigorously tested and is currently being utilized by a substantial number of customers, none of whom have reported encountering a similar issue. It is pertinent to note that even our internal testing and usage have been incident-free. Thus, it is plausible that the root cause of the issue might be attributed to a third-party plugin or potentially a browser extension in use on your end.
To address this concern effectively, we kindly request you to undertake the following steps:
1. Disable Third-Party Plugins: Temporarily disable all third-party plugins that are currently integrated with your website. This will allow us to isolate any potential conflicts and pinpoint the source of the issue more accurately.
2. Browser Extension Removal: If applicable, consider removing any browser extensions that are integrated with your browser. Sometimes, these extensions can interfere with website functionality or pose security risks.
3. Host Provider Communication: Reach out to your hosting provider to ensure that comprehensive security measures are in place on the server end. This can greatly enhance your site’s security and reduce the risk of unauthorized access.
4. Password Update: Change all passwords associated with your website, including admin and user accounts. Ensure that these passwords are strong and unique. For added security, store these passwords in a secure and encrypted file.
5. Log Out and Re-Login: To terminate any potential unauthorized access, log out from all active sessions across devices and platforms. Once passwords have been updated, re-login securely.
We sincerely hope that these measures will assist in resolving the reported issue. Our team remains committed to ensuring the optimal performance and security of your website.
Should you require further assistance or have any additional queries, please do not hesitate to reach out to us through the provided support channels. Your satisfaction and security are of paramount importance to us.
Thank you for your continued trust in our products and services.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.