What is demo site?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stianand
    Participant

Hi.
        I apologize in advance for this question, as I know it’s e noob one. But can someone please explain how the demo sites work?
        I have imported a store demo for my site. And it seems that I have one Store site where the demo seems to be, and one “homepage” where the homepage I created is.
        Is the demos only for showcasing and will never be shown on my website?

I hope someone will take the time to help me understand.
        Thanks

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Aizaz Awan
        Keymaster

Hello, @stianand,

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Allow me to provide you with an explanation.

Upon the installation and activation of the WooCommerce plugin on your website, it automatically incorporates the e-commerce functionality, offering users the ability to browse and purchase products. Consequently, the “Shop” page becomes accessible by default.

As for the “Visit Site Homepage” option, this is a standard feature of WordPress. Clicking on this option will promptly redirect you to the homepage of your website. Similarly, selecting “Visit Shop” will direct you to the shop page of your website.

Furthermore, our theme includes shop demos that, when imported to your site, replicate the shop’s appearance and content, including product pages. You will find the demonstration content on these specific pages.

You can edit the demo content by simply editing the pages as per your need. For a detailed explanation about our theme and WooCommerce functionalities please check the below articles of WooCommerce and our PORTO Theme.

https://www.portotheme.com/wordpress/porto/documentation/
            https://woocommerce.com/documentation/woocommerce/

I trust this clarifies the functionality for you. If you have any additional questions or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
            PThemes Team.

Stianand
            Participant

Thank you for your detailed answer.
                Last qustion: I have made a new Shop page, and set that to be the shop page in WooCommerce. But still, when I choose the shop page from the dashboard as the image posted shows, it still takes me to the Demo shop page. Why is this happening?

Aizaz Awan
                Keymaster

Hello, @stianand,

We apologize for any inconvenience you are currently experiencing with our theme on your site. We understand the situation and are committed to resolving this issue for you.

To provide you with the most effective assistance, we kindly request that you share your site’s WP Admin URL and access details with us in the private content area of this topic. This will enable us to access your site, thoroughly investigate the issue, and identify the root cause in order to apply a solution.

Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated, and we are dedicated to resolving the issue to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best Regards,
                    PThemes Team.

Stianand
                    Participant

Ok.
                        Posted credentials

This field is Private Content.

Stianand
                        Participant

And another thing:
                            When I create a Post Type in template builder, it doesn’t show up in Post layout for the Posts Grid Widget.. And when I try to filter the products by Content source: Posts, Post type: Products, Product status: All, there is no taxonomies to filter from?
                            Likewise if I choose Content type terms: its not possible to filter any products.

Aizaz Awan
                            Keymaster

Hello, @stianand,

Thank you for granting access. I have thoroughly examined your website and reviewed the WooCommerce settings. The page you designated as the shop page within the WooCommerce settings appears to be functioning flawlessly on your site.

To provide you with a comprehensive overview, I have prepared a video that details the functionality. You can access the video by following this link: https://www.veed.io/view/9416a58f-c136-438e-9426-1b65262c8f55?panel=share I kindly request that you watch the video in its entirety and subsequently clear your browser cache before revisiting your site.

Regarding the PORTO Post Grid widgets issues that you mentioned in your second message. I have debugged your issue on your site and found the cause of it. Simply navigate to the Dashboard >> Settings >> Permalinks >> then make sure that your site permalinks structure is set to “post name” and then save settings. I hope your issue will be resolved.

Should you encounter any further issues or have additional inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
                                PThemes Team.

Stianand
                                Participant

Thanks a lot! Now all seems t work perfect!
                                    Thanks for your awesome support!

Aizaz Awan
                                    Keymaster

Hello, @stianand,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us and expressing your satisfaction with our services. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback!

We would like to kindly request your support by leaving a 5-star rating for our Theme, as well as for our Customer and Technical Support. Your feedback is invaluable to us and will enable us to continue delivering regular updates and dedicated support in the future. Your endorsement would be a tremendous source of encouragement for our team.

If you have a moment, please visit the following link to leave your rating: [ http://themeforest.net/downloads ].

Once again, we truly appreciate your kind words and your continued support. Should you have any further questions or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Wishing you a fantastic day ahead!

Best Regards,
                                        PThemes Team.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • The topic ‘What is demo site?’ is closed to new replies.
                                      Customize Icon
                                      Need Customization? We specialize in delivering high-quality web and mobile design/development services to our clientele. Should you require customization services, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at your convenience.