How to Make Your E-commerce Website More Attractive
The ultimate goal for any e-commerce business is to generate sales. Even renowned brands
can struggle to generate online sales without a good website design. So, here are some of our expert opinions on how to make an e-commerce website more attractive.
Making an E-commerce Website More Attractive
The first thing a customer notices when visiting a website is its design. If the design is not up to the mark, they are more likely to lose interest. This severely hurts the business website in terms of search engine ranking and generating sales.
Therefore, it is crucial for businesses to invest in good website design. It is also important for bootstrap marketing strategies and ecommerce SEO for all businesses. Keeping a website design simple and minimalistic, easily navigable, optimizing it for mobile devices, including customization options for website viewers, using appropriate content, colors, and automating inventory updates can help in this manner a lot.
Let’s discuss how to improve e-commerce website design in detail right below:
Keeping Website Design Simple and Minimalistic
Unnecessary elements in a website make it look complicated and harder to navigate. Adding shiny visuals, whistle notifications, pop-ups, and flashy website decors usually annoy most website visitors, which most businesses consider good for increasing sales.
A seamless, user-friendly e-commerce website can generate better sales than an unnecessary flashy one. Therefore, when e-commerce companies choose a website design, they should focus on using simple and minimalist designs to help their audience.
70% of total online consumers abandon their cart for the poor browsing experience a website offers. Therefore, it is crucial to have a well-thought-out website design to keep the audience engaged with the website.
Here are a few tips businesses can utilize while designing their website:
- Everyone wants to find their desired product easily when shopping online. Therefore, websites should organize their website properly with adequate white margins.
- E-commerce websites should maintain a constant and clear topography all over them. It helps the viewers to get information easily and have a seamless experience.
- Including proper visual elements can help a business significantly in attracting potential consumers. People are more intrigued by images, videos, and graphic content. Thus, a website utilizing an adequate amount of visual elements can generate better conversion rates. See more:10 Best-Designed Agriculture Ecommerce Websites.
Making Websites Easily Navigable
An e-commerce website should be easily navigable to give users the best possible browsing experience. If potential customers struggle to find their desired products, they may get frustrated and abandon the website to look for another one.
This can seriously affect a business’s reputation and increase the website’s bounce rate. Thus, the business will struggle to generate sales. Here are some tips businesses can follow to make their website easily navigable:
- An e-commerce website should contain a properly optimized search bar to show accurate results for different keywords.
- The search bar should be situated in a visible area where it is always noticeable.
- Including a voice search option on an e-commerce website can bring better results in terms of navigation.
- An e-commerce website should be organized properly in categories and subcategories.
- Business websites should have filter options to help the audience with the most suitable options for them.
- Each product or service of a business website should be clickable and contain detailed information. This helps website viewers to get appropriate information without much hassle.
- Including appropriate images of the product from different angles help significantly in offering viewers a clear concept.
- Several e-commerce websites are including augmented reality to give their audience a much more realistic experience of their product or services.
- For people with disabilities, websites can integrate accessibility options to make their lives easier.
However, including some of these options may seem quite challenging than others. In those cases, hiring IT specialists and web designers can significantly help businesses.
Optimizing Websites for Mobile Devices
According to Oberlo, almost 90% of online consumers use their mobile devices while shopping. Therefore, if a website is not properly optimized for mobile devices, they may not even consider buying products from the website.
Additionally, whenever people are looking for any product, they start their initial research on their mobile devices. Thus, search engines like Google show mobile-optimized websites on top of their search results.
When a business is not optimizing its website for mobile devices, they are losing serious consumers and will struggle to generate a good brand image. Therefore, it is crucial for businesses to optimize their websites for mobile devices.
Here are some tips to make a business website optimized for mobile:
- Ensure the loading speed of the website for both computers and mobile devices.
- While choosing a theme for the website, find a mobile-responsive one.
- Optimize websites to compress images and other visual elements accordingly while viewers come there from mobile devices.
- Reduce redirects and popups.
- Tone down animation on websites to make websites load faster
- Optimize the sizes of clickable elements on a website to make them easier to click from mobile devices.
With these tips utilized, a website will be significantly mobile-friendly.
Adding Customization Option for Website Viewers
Every consumer has a different take when they are browsing for products or services. Therefore, websites should offer consumers to customize the products they want for better convenience.
According to Freshdesk, including customization options helps e-commerce stores boost customer satisfaction to 20% and increase conversion as high as 15%. Therefore, e-commerce websites should offer their consumers as much as custom options.
For example, a website selling t-shirts should offer its customers to customize the products according to quality, size, color, and price. It will allow customers to find their desired products easily and make a purchase decision quickly.
Some businesses can even charge an additional price for a customized package if done correctly.
Using Appropriate Colors on Website
A website’s brand identity is expressed through the color pallet it contains. When a website contains all the brand colors noticeably, the viewers will remember it. Thus, they can make further purchases and recommend them to others.
Also, web pages should be customized properly to make them look dynamic. It will help viewers to navigate the pages easily as well.
Using different colors for different products can help make the browsing experience pleasant for website visitors. Also, the proper use of different colors offers webpages a unique identity and several degrees of depth in terms of website design.
However, all the colors used on a website should be constant and uphold the business identity. Going overboard with colors will only hurt the business image and confuse potential customers.
Automate Inventory Update
A business’s reputation can be significantly harmed if consumers are ordering products that are out of stock. It will waste the consumer’s time, and when consumers know that their desired product is out of stock, they will get a negative impression of the business.
However, this problem can be easily resolved by installing automated inventory updates to the business website. Also, sending consumers notifications after their desired product is restocked. This will help businesses to get real-time updates about the market demand for their products.
Ensure That Your Ecommerce Website is Well-seo Friendly
When it comes to creating an ecommerce website, one of the most important aspects is ensuring that it is seo friendly. This way, potential customers can find the site easily and purchase products or services. Many businesses feel that having a good seo strategy and leveraging link building services will help them achieve more sales and increase their online visibility. To ensure that your ecommerce website is well-seo friendly, here are a few tips:
- Make sure your site’s title tags are keyword rich.
- Add relevant keywords to your main content area.
- Use keyword-rich infographics and images to help visitors learn more about what you sell.
- Place ads on relevant pages and in relevant sections of your website.
The brand image of an e-commerce business is demonstrated by its web design. Therefore, business owners cannot make any compromises in this area. If consumers don’t like the design of a website, they will be reluctant to bring their business to that company.
When businesses follow the 6 tips mentioned above, they can transform their website to generate a better bottom line. An appealing, modern-looking, aesthetically pleasing e-commerce website can bring more growth than a poorly designed one.
However, implementing all these tips may not be easier for every business. Some of them may need extensive knowledge of coding and experience. Thus, business owners can hire IT experts who know the best web design practices to help businesses succeed in the long run.