How to Setup Google Analytics for WordPressMaqsood Shaikh
Marketing is an important part of every business, and one thing that makes marketing campaigns successful is data. It helps you understand how the audience interacts with your website, which enables you to plan a proper marketing campaign that attracts new prospects and converts them into leads. Many tools help you track visitors’ behavior and generate detailed segment reports on various parameters. The best one among them is Google Analytics. Google Analytics for WordPress is a free tool that gives you detailed insights into your website.
It will show how many people visit your site, individual pages, conversions, how people interact with your content, bounce rate, traffic source, and more. The critical data is then used to optimize your website.
Having the beneficial tool on your WordPress site can ensure exemplary performance results. So, here are three methods to set up Google Analytics for WordPress.
Setting Up Google Analytics for WordPress
In this data-centric age, a reliable tool is essential to analyze your website’s performance. With detailed information and numbers from Google Analytics, you can prepare excellent strategies that not only make your website better but also drive sales and conversion rates.
Here is how you can set up Google Analytics for WordPress.
Signing Up with Google Analytics
The first step is to “Sign Up” on Google Analytics. To create your Google Analytics account, follow our step-by-step guide.
- Visit the Google Analytics website and click on “Get started today.” If you have a Google account, then click Sign in; otherwise, create a Google account.
- Once the account is done, a welcome screen with a “Start Measuring” button in the middle will arrive. Click, and you will be directed to the Google Analytics account creation screen.
- From there, the first step is to add an account name. It can be anything like your business, school, or your own name.
- The next screen is Property Creation. In the latest Google Analytics 4, you must create a property to get the matrices and essential features. Add all the required information and click next.
- Clicking next will take you to another page. Here, you will describe your business. Google Analytics will ask for information like Industry Category and Business Size.
- Now, choose a business objective. It will help Google Analytics create reports personalized to your business.
- The next step is to choose where you will collect the data. Web, Android App, or iOS App.
- Upon selecting, you will see a screen asking you to add the data stream, AKA link to your website or app to Google Analytics. Click next, and you will see all the information about the data stream.
- Now, the only thing you have to do to activate the data collection is to install the Google Tag on the WordPress website. To install the Tag, click “View Tag Instruction” on the top right. Clicking on it will open a pop-up where you will have two methods with detailed instructions. Follow one of them and install the Google Tag to start data collection.
Method 1: Add Google Tag Code to Header.php
Working directly in the theme code can be risky, but if you are comfortable, adding the Google Tag is straightforward. You will find the Google Tag code from Google Analytics. Once you have located it, then it’s just a matter of copying and pasting it in the right place.
To add the Google Analytics Tag, go to your WordPress dashboard. Open the Appearance menu and click “Theme File Editor”. In the new window, paste the Tag code in the header section and ensure it is before the closing </head> element. Now click Update to save changes.
Method 2: Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights
The Google Analytics plugin from MonsterInsights is another excellent method to set up Google Analytics for WordPress. It is slightly extensive but provides you with heaps of data and numbers to analyze the website’s performance. It has both free and pro versions. If you are not looking for advanced tracking and reporting features, then the free version is good; otherwise, upgrade to the pro version.
- Install and activate the MonsterInsights Plugin.
- Navigate to the Plugin’s setting page to link the Google Analytics account.
- Locate the “Connect MonsterInsights button and run the setup. This will add GA4 to the website.
- Connect and authenticate your Google Account after Authentication, hit complete connection.
Now, the system will take some time to fetch tracking data, and everything will be displayed on the WordPress dashboard.
Method 3: Installing Google Analytics with WPcode
Setting up Google Analytics for WordPress with WPcode is among the easy and fast methods. It is great for people not looking for advanced tracking.
Firstely, install Google Analytics by WPCode and activate the account by pasting the tracking code into the Google Analytics account. Upon activation, visit the “Code Snippets>Header Footer Page.
Make sure to put the tracking code in the header section and save changes to store your settings.
This marks the wrap of how to set up Google Analytics for WordPress. All of the methods are perfect for beginners, intermediate, and professionals. I think having Google Analytics for precise data tracking and better strategies is essential. It strengthens your company and enhances sales.
The methods ensure successful setup into all kinds of WordPress websites assists you in creating a powerful combination to leverage valuable insights into the website’s performance to make data-driven solutions for an exceptional online presence.